Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What's Your Secret?

I love www.postsecret.com.

The secrets this week (new secrets every Sunday) aren't as powerful as some I've read in the past so check back next time if you're not satisfied ( though a few of them are about finishing Harry Potter...if you're a fan). Some of the secrets make you bust out laughing, some make you eyes tear, and some make you say, "Hey...I really didn't need to know that." And they're always relevant to what's going on (like the end of Harry Potter, father's day, Christmas etc.) It's such an amazing thing to see the insides of people in this format. It's a tiny window to our souls. It's a  way to say something that you would never have the guts to say out loud. What's so cool is that you have no idea what these people look like, where they work, what they wear...it's all a mystery. You are left to judge them solely on one tiny piece of information...their secret. 

It may seem silly to mail in a decorated postcard with your secret to a complete stranger, but I can see how it might feel freeing. Secrets are hard to keep, hard to maintain. For some people it might be a way to release that secret...to let go of the past.

And no matter who you are...we all have secrets...little ones...big ones...life changing ones. So what's one of your secrets?

1 comment:

  1. aww thank you so much for your nice words!! What an adorable little family you have! Also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE postsecret. If you like that you should check out http://fiftypeopleonequestion.com/ It is a-mazing and they just did one on postsecret!

    ReplyDelete