Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Weight Watchers Wednesdays

Today I weighed in. It’s the first week I’ve been on the program and I was very excited to see if it worked for me. Are you ready? Since last week I am officially a little over TWO POUNDS lighter! If I have the same success next week, I will see a number on the scale I haven’t seen since I was pregnant with Hudson. I really am so proud of myself, and feel so motivated from the meeting to keep going another week.

Despite what the name may imply, Weight Watchers is not all about the number we see on the scale. It’s about how our health influences the number on the scale. The number is important to me because it’s one measure of how close I am to being my healthiest, but there are other measures. Like I’ve said before, skinny does not equal healthy. The WW class leader asked us today to list details of our success. In other words, besides what I see on the scale, how do I know my new eating and exercising habits are working for me? Well, I know because I plan my meals based on their nutritional values. I know, because I take time at night to walk. I know, because I have more energy and I feel happier. I know, because I’m making my health a priority. These are all things I’ve never done before, and now they seem important to me.

A week may sound like a short amount of time now that it’s over. But let me tell you, following this system for an entire week is huge for me. I don’t feel like I’m feeling my way around in the dark anymore. I have guidelines, I have a teacher, I have people to relate with, and I have a goal. Since I started walking, I’ve lost 9lbs. I’m so motivated.

It’s a whole new week, with brand new points. Wish me luck.

1 comment: