Friday, September 19, 2014

Have the Guts to Reject Me

At this point I am an expert job searcher. I've spent the last year with no full time job searching for jobs and really I've been searching for a career that will make me happy ever since I graduated college in 2009.

With that being said, for the love of God, please tell people when they have not been chosen for the job they interviewed for. It is only common courtesy after an interview, phone or in person, to tell someone they have not been selected. It's hard to find a job. Not like a little hard. Like, A LOT HARD. So when someone finally gets an interview they become excited and they think there is a chance that this time they might land one. They might get a job. So until you call said person, they are wishing and hoping that you're just taking your sweet time figuring out all the little details before you call. When in all reality, you have picked someone different and don't have the decency or common sense to tell someone, I'm sorry you were not picked.

This hasn't happened to me just a few times. It's happened a lot. You would think most businesses would treat individuals like me with respect and courtesy. I can take bad news, I'll get over it. But when you don't call someone to say, no thank you, then you and your business look stupid. People like me won't apply to your business again, and when someone asks me about my experience then I'm going to tell them the truth. You Suck.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment