In case anyone cares I am waiting on part 1 of really big news in a possible job move. If I don’t find out something soon I might explode into a million pieces. I’m not new to the feeling. Somehow I always end up waiting for a very long time on all the important things in life. I suppose this is a good thing. Why would they wait so long to tell me bad news? On the other hand, what in the world could take this long? Don’t they know I’m sweating needles?
It’s like I’m a teenager again waiting, watching, wanting so badly for my phone to ring. “Please ring!” I plead. When that doesn’t work I try to make deals with God.
“Dear God, if you make them call me today I will never eat fast food again, I swear it.” Still no ring.
So then I check my voicemail, because you know, it’s just possible that I got a voicemail while I went to the restroom and my cell phone for some reason isn’t showing the icon.
No voicemail.
Even now I think they will call while I’m writing this blog. They will call and I will have a wonderful update to this post. Give it a second…
Just another minute…
Maybe…
No. No call. Someone did text me though. It was all I could do not to scold them with ALL CAPS for making me excited that my phone made a noise and then disappointing me when I realized why.
How many times can I push a button to light up my phone and check that I didn’t receive a call even though I know I didn’t because my little red notification light isn’t blinking? How many times can I then stop my finger mid-push and say to myself… “Careful Ashley…the battery will die and then you will never know if they called you.”
Well it’s only 3pm. I have till 5. If not, I’ll do it all again tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment