Thursday, March 29, 2012

Here's to Briana

Can you believe I am registering Briana for Kindergarten this week? Can you think of anything more terrifying? I can’t. It’s so weird. For a few years you are a kid and feel invincible. The world is big and you’re ready to explore it. You’re parents are so annoying. They always hold you back. Then, somehow, if you survive the world...KABOOM…suddenly you’re a mother. You’re world is still wonderful but now you have danger vision. It’s everywhere…the danger. Dirty door knobs, sickly children, things your kids can trip over, things your kids can choke on, un nutritional food, strangers, bullies, school busses; nothing is safe! How can I possibly do anything but keep us locked up together at home? How can I trust the rest of the world to care for MY child? Like I said, it’s terrifying.

The best I can do is take faith in the direction of my life and the direction in the life of my children. I will make the best choices possible for us. I will do my best not to live in fear but also not to take them for granted. I believe the biggest source of joy and pain comes to us through our children.

Here’s to Briana…growing up. May I survive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment