Thursday, August 1, 2013
I'm Floating.
Hey... I'm back. I really missed having a personal blog so here I am. I've also been working on a public midwest blog type thing so you should check that out :) www.facebook.com/midwestashley.
Anyway... to cut a really long story in half here's what i'm going through right now.
Have you ever felt like you were just floating? Just bouncing around in the universe with no direction, no idea where you should go? Even worse, no idea where you want to go? That’s what I’m doing right now. I’m floating. I’m drifting in and out of myself and hoping if I’m patient long enough I’ll finally get a grip.
It’s not even like I’m at a crossroads. Crossroads have direction. You go left or right. You go up or down. You pick a path and you deal with the consequences. From where I’m standing right now, there is no path that I can see. There are no road signs. There’s no friendly pedestrian willing to point me in the right direction. I’m off the path, it’s foggy, and I’m alone.
I’m usually really good at figuring things out on my own, taking chances. But I feel like I've been walking in the wrong direction for a long time and I don't know how to get back. I don't know if I want to go back or if I want to head somewhere new.
I can usually write my way to clarity. But not lately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay! You're back!
ReplyDeleteI definitely can relate to how you are feeling. I just moved to Idaho, am getting married in 3 months, and am transitioning into my role of step mom to two teenage girls. You think that would give me some direction and goal or even purpose, right? No. I feel like I'm floating too and trying to find my place.
Good to hear from you! Thanks, i'm glad someone can relate. :) That does sound like quite the transistion. I guess we just have to trust that we'll get through it.
Delete