How did my test go? I'll be honest-it was hard. I could have been more prepared but I didn't want to over achieve for all this information that I'm going to forget anyway. Like I've said before- teaching will teach me. The students will teach me and my experience teaching will teach me. Call me a slacker.
Here's the kicker. I needed a 270 to proficiently pass. My score? 271! Can you believe that? I'm a little embarrassed. But really it's no big deal. No matter the score, if you pass these tests you are considered highly qualified in your content area. They are supposed to be even more difficult than the Praxis. So now is the painful part. I have to wait atleast another 2 weeks to know if I passed the writing portion. I had 60 minutes to write a literary analysis on that poem about the caged bird. I followed the format to a tee but analyzing anything in an hour is crazy. I had to think, pre-write, write and then proof. I hope it was good enough because if it's not I have to take both parts over and wait again. Ahhh!
Also, I had another interview with SJSD. This time it was specifically for Lafayette High School-9th grade English. I felt much better about this one than my last 2 very awkward interviews. But I'm not technically certified yet and it's through a route many people don't know about yet. So I think I'm at a disadvantage. I still have a good feeling and keeping my fingers crossed.
If I pass the writing portion I'm going to party.
If I get a teaching position offer I'm going to party harder.
If both things go my way I'm going to go crazy-in a good way!
Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment