Wednesday, July 16, 2014

ABCTE -American Board Certification for Teaching Excellence

Do you want to teach? Do you have a Bachelors degree? Do you want to do it in your own time at your own pace and not pay $10,000 to do it? Do I sound like a sales person? lol

Well if you said yes to all of these then do what I did. I'm living proof that a normal, non-genius person with a family and a job can finish an educational program and be on their way to teaching. ABCTE is not perfect but it's fastest, least expensive way to get this accomplished. Passing their tests means you are highly qualified in your content area and meet the standards of No Child Left Behind.

So anyway- check out their website and see what programs are available for you. I've been through it so I'm happy to give support and answer all questions and tell you my experience. It's not the easiest thing to do- but it's not crazy hard either. I think there's a discounted price right now!

In all seriousness, the one thing I have really learned through all of this is- don't wait. Stop putting off something that you secretly know deep down you want to do. Make it a priority. There will never be a better time than now and when you finally come to your senses your only regret will be that you didn't do it sooner. It's like having a baby. No one is ever really ready. You just do it and you're so happy you did. True stuff.

I'm so happy it's done. I can't wait to have a classroom of my own!

Ps. If you decide to do this, please let them know I recommended you. 

http://abcte.org/

www.abcte.org

No comments:

Post a Comment