Well I didn't get the job but I passed my test! It took two tries and a lot of tears but I passed my freaking test!
I was pretty upset about the last rejection. I have been rejected A LOT in the last year. I can't tell you how many times I have applied for jobs and how many times I have been told no. I've been rejected by people, by jobs, and by the last test I took. To my surprise it hasn't all been so devastating. I thought the last job rejection would kill me because I want so badly to put our financial issues to rest, but I guess now I'm mature enough to realize that if it's not meant to be then something better is coming. And something better is coming. I passed. I really passed. I can apply for certification to be a real Language Arts teacher in the state of Missouri.
It's not the best time of year to finally get certified and be able to find a teaching job but there is always hope that I can get hired somewhere in the middle of the year. Until then I'll just keep on subbing. I really want to be at Platte City Middle School or Barry in KC.
Sometimes you think it's never going to happen. You can dream and work hard but it all seems so far away. Then as quick as you're ready to give up something happens to perk you right back up. I can't wait to start my teaching journey.
If you want information on how I became a teacher (after college) then see my next post and feel free to ask me any questions.
I passed!
No comments:
Post a Comment