The universe is a weird place. I Love how we end up seeing, doing, and being things that it seems we were always meant to see, do, or be. There are times I think that life is just going on without asking ME what I want or what I need but then I come along a book, or a song, or movie, or a news article that says to me...'You are meant to be just where you are right now. You are meant to read this book or watch this movie or hear this song, and it is to remind you of who you are. It is to remind you that you are on your very own road and no one else’s.'
I'm reading a book now called "Eat Pray Love" and before you groan...because it's now one of those books everyone is reading because of the movie...just know they made a movie out of it for a reason...because it is a GOOD book. We most like books that remind us of ourselves, and that is exactly why I like this book. For years I have believed I was alone in my belief of God. Not the actual believing in Him part but the belief that there is more than one way to Him. And while I Love Jesus and I Love his teaching of peace and all of the wonderful messages that are inside of the Bible I just can't call myself a Christian nor can I call myself by any other religious label that claims to be a true religion. In my heart...God is more loving than that. I'll never be able to say...your religion is wrong and mine is right no matter what someone believes. I think any spiritual person would agree that spirituality (even though we share it) is very personal thing that sinks deep deep inside of our soul. And religion means something different to each and every one of us. I just know that God is Love and he Loves me and he Loves you and he Loves even the people on this earth that are easiest to hate.
It's not just about religion, or Jesus, the Pope, Buddha, or church; it's about all of these things tied together and what they teach us about Love and about ourselves. I know that when our spirits rest in "heaven" or whatever the name is for our forever home, we will see so many more faces than we ever expected. God won't be quite as judgmental as so many think. He will not deny his kingdom to people who have chosen not to follow a specific set of religious boundaries. Christians can coexist with Buddhist followers and so on. I realize, however, this idea will be rejected by those who think my idea of God is too "fluffy". In response to that rejection, I simply say that you are wrong. And one day when we're both dead and staring each other in the face you will understand.
I've been trying to decipher how all of this relates to my blog or my weight loss journey. I read about 40 pages of this book and I was compelled to write this blog in response to the emotions I have felt. In trying to improve my body I am trying to improve my mind and what it thinks of my body. I also have to admit that I am trying to improve what other minds think of my body. But God doesn't think anything of my body because he doesn't see my body; he only sees my heart. I have never seen God in a clearer light than I do now.
I love this Ashley. "He doesnt see my body; he only sees my heart," gave me chills. It's so true!
ReplyDelete