Monday, March 21, 2011

Thank You Jillian Michaels

Are you ready for this? This morning I weighed 194 lbs. Yes!! You have to be careful about how you weigh yourself. The best idea is to do it at the same time of day...morning or night. With or without your clothes doesn't matter much as long as you do it consistently the same way every week. I think naked is probably better just because it's your true weight. Anyhow...that means 2 more lbs for me in one week! I won't really believe any of this until I hit the 189 mark. My weight doesn't fluctuate as much as Charles's does, but depending on what I eat and what I'm wearing and whether or not my hair is wet or if I've just gone to the bathroom...it can range between 2-3 lb difference at different times during the day. I'm proud of myself and I was telling a friend today that it gets a tiny bit easier each day and week that goes by. And that it's important to remember our emotional health as well as our body health. Rather than repeating it, here's what I said:

"I also realize that thin doesn’t always equal healthy which is why my goal isn’t to be thin, it’s just to be a smaller and healthier me. I also think that women lose sight of the real issues. As much as appearance is important to us it really is the person that we are that’s important…so cliché…but I need to look in the mirror more and say, “I’m pretty”…instead of “I hate my thighs…or I hate my gut.”  Being that person, means caring about our bodies and our self esteem at the same time. The longer I do this the tiny bit easier it becomes. Even if I totally fail one day…that’s better than giving up all together like I usually did in the past."


I think in all of this I'm working on my confidence as a person as well because that is...THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE. I'm learning a lot about food and what's good and what's not. There are calories in everything. And calories by themselves are not the enemy. Fiber bars have fiber in them and so does most fruit...naturally. So what is better for you? The fiber bar or the fruit? Does it matter? Pick the fruit. Fiber bars have fiber but they also have empty calories. It's a man made, put together, concoction of food. Fruit has calories and natural sugar but if it's from the ground, a plant, or a tree...you can bet that it's better for you.As far as exercise goes, I did the Jillian Michaels 25 min workout video 4 times this week. I really have that higher level of activity to thank for my extra pound of weight loss because it was some of my worse days as far as eating went. I still maintained portion control but I wasn't fully thinking about all that I was eating. I can feel my stomach getting smaller though and eating less hasn't been such a struggle because I'm naturally full. I just wonder... if I really do the video everyday and eat better than I ever have...what would that do to the number on my scale? I won't make any promises but I'm going to give it a try this week.


Starting Weight: 197
Last Weeks Weight: 196
Current Weight: 194
Total Time: 2 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment