Sometimes I’m so busy in life that I not only forget to blog, I forget that I have things to blog about. May is a wonderful month isn’t it? Besides me turning 24…eesh…my beautiful, smart, funny, amazing little girl turned four years old last Saturday (huge sigh). I still remember bringing her home from the hospital and thinking… “What am I supposed to do with you now?”
A funny story…I intentionally planned my pregnancy so that she would be born in May because I actually really think there is something extra special about us May people. We’re emotional and cautious, we’re thinkers, and though people aren’t always drawn to us, we make lasting relationships to people who are important in our lives. I realize it is very silly me for me to draw those kinds of conclusions based only on the month someone is born. And I mean no offense to non-May people. I married an August man and my very best friends have birthdays all over the place. But I must say Briana is turning out to be a lot like me. This is both good and bad. I want her to be all the things I said above but I also want her to be a little less afraid of life and people in the way that I am.
You can’t read yet, Briana, but I love you so much that I could just burst open with pride and joy. There is nothing you could say or do to make me love you less and I don’t want you to grow too fast but I so look forward to a wonderful mother-daughter-friend relationship with you. Please forgive me for over protecting you. I love you.
I can't wait to watch bri grow and tell her how much you loved her and cherished her young years. You are such a great example!
ReplyDelete