I know nothing about planting but this spring I decided to put seeds in the ground to see if they would grow. Thank goodness for my husband who waters them religiously. I am a forgetful plant mother. (Isn't it enough that I have to water two human children? And feed them too!) I planted 6 tomato and 4 cantaloupe plants. And what do you know...2 of the tomato plants grew and so did one of the cantaloupe plants. I don't have much hope for the cantaloupe plant. It is such an awesome fruit and there is just no way my "garden" will be good enough for it...I will keep you posted. However, the tomato plants grew pretty tall and LOOK...my first little tomato. If it's the only one that grows, I will be the happiest Gardner ever.
My plan for next year is to dig out the entire left side of my house which is currently half flower bed, half garden, fill it with better soil, and make it a full garden...since it seems to be so good at growing things. I haven't had any problems from the rabbits yet...but I hope that my little wooden fence is enough to deter them.


No comments:
Post a Comment