Friday, after a possible career move failed and turned into a road trip, I ended up in St. Louis. I did not wake up that morning thinking I would be in St. Louis but my sister lives there and we (Alisha, Mike and myself) decided to visit her. I am stupid and forgot to take a picture of us together...duh...but here is my sister and her girlfriend.
My sister and I have had a difficult time understanding eachother in the past but there is no doubt how much we love eachother. Visiting her gave me a better perspective on her life and how hard she has actually been working on making it better. My hope for her is that she is strong enough to hold a vision and walk towards it until she can hold it in her hands. It doesn't matter how long it takes, if she just keeps walking forward. That's what we all have to do, right?
When it comes to her, I like to play the role of Mother more than she likes. But I'm getting better at just letting her live and make her own mistakes. I wouldn't listen to me either, so why should she? As much as I want to be...I have to tell myself...I am not her life coach. Over time we are bound to fail less and less.
I love you Katie, and I'm so proud of you for holding it together for a year now in a big city. Hard roads lead to great destinations if you follow through.



No comments:
Post a Comment