Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Not Guilty?

I am the first person to get annoyed at the people who have be the first ones to post the latest pop culture breaking news. I have several friends on Facebook who had their fingers waiting to be the first person to comment on the Casey Anthony verdict. Well today I was sort of one of those people. I wasn't waiting to update my status but I was waiting and wanting to know the verdict the second it was read. I have been following the Casey Anthony case since I first heard the 911 call on TV three years ago and it touched my heart because Caylee was nearly the same age as Briana.

Well our constitution has spoken, the jury has spoken, and Casey Anthony was given her fair trial. The verdict: Not guilty on all charges except false information. I am disappointed and sad for Caylee as many many are. I wish she could be here still and still have a voice. I won't say much because it's over now, but the bottom line is that Caylee was missing 31 entire days before Casey told anyone. That's the only fact I need to know to know she's guilty.

I respect our justice system and think the jury didn't have enough information and/or the state should have tried for 2nd degree instead of 1st. And now, Casey is free to walk the streets of Florida. I accept the possibility that I don't know the entire story because I didn't live it. I also accept that my opinion doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I am not perfect and someday I will be judged. I know God loves us all and the only comfort I have through death is knowing the victim isn't suffering anymore. But we are suffering through her. Caylee's grandma and grandpa are suffering. I believe there is a special place after death for people who hurt children and may the person who did this, find that special place.

I'm sad today for Caylee, and for all the other babies who will never have a voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment