Just a quick update on my weekly weight loss: I lost another lb! Every week I think to myself that I’m not really losing the weight, I just happen to be lighter in the first half of the day when I haven’t eaten dinner (we weigh in at 11am). But even if that’s true, I keep getting a little bit lighter each time I weigh in. So if this is happening consistently every week, I must really be losing it (weight, not my mind).
Since we’re on the subject now, of losing one’s mind, I can tell you that in an effort to better my mental process I have been watching some of Oprah’s Life Class. The last time I watched the main theme was, “When you know better, you do better.” She explained that this means we can not hold our selves hostage for the mistakes we have made in the past. Even if it’s the most terrible mistake of your life, it’s over now. Now you know better, so you can do better. What’s important is that you learn from it and apply that knowledge to the rest of your life. And it’s just another reason why we should not judge any other person for their past. We should only be judged for the person we are now, for the person we are trying to become.
I don't know about you, but I'm still trying to find my way.
No comments:
Post a Comment