Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Love Day!!!

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres. Love never fails."

I saw this verse on another blog today and it reminded me that I have always believed in it.  Valentine’s Day is not just about love between two lovers, it’s about celebrating love in general. This verse applies to everyone you love and to everyone who loves you. So first of all, who cares if you’re single? Celebrate the love you have for yourself. Secondly, remember and be thankful for all the other love that exists in your life. Be thankful for friends, family and all the positive efforts in the world done out of love.

Then reflect on some negative energy in your life. If the person who “loves” you, any person, is behaving outside of this verse, I would question their place in your life. Make some positive changes in your life in the name of love.

Passion, happiness, love: that’s the good stuff. Find them. Dwell within them. Cherish them. Keep them and apply them to all parts of you.

4 comments:

  1. I love your third paragraph. I realized this a few years ago when family members were treating me terribly. Someone said to me, "Well, just remember {they} DO love you. . . they are just acting poorly." And then, I searched for the definition of love in the Bible and discovered they they did not in fact love me. Seems strange to say that it made it a lot easier to release them from my life and helped ease the hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Sometimes it's hard to figure out but in the end it's better to rid yourself of those people and to stop making excuses for them. I love your blog by the way! I don't get to comment as much as I want to because of my work computer.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I love your blog too. There are days I swear you have the same brain as me. I will randomly click on a post and I gasp, "Me Too!"

    ReplyDelete