Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Rest of My Life

Besides subbing and studying I have been hanging out with my kids and trying to improve my life style habits. I’ve been eating better and exercising for a little over a week and already seeing an improvement. I haven’t stayed this strong since I was on weight watchers a few years ago and I think the difference is that Charles is on board with me AND I’ve done it long enough that it’s getting easier. Have you ever heard of T25? It’s a crazy hard work out that you do 25 minutes a day. Charles and I have been doing it in the living room every night. I’m not craving bad food so hard and the exercises are getting easier. I’ve said it a million times before and I don’t want to let myself down again but so far I’m feeling good and I think we can do it. I hope we WILL.

I’ve had a lot of friendship changes in the last year and my social life is definitely suffering. I miss my friends. I think part of that has to do with not working a full time job and living in Platte City away from anyone I used to see. I get a little lonely sometimes but I think things will change when my life settles down and quits changing so often. Isn’t it so hard to make friends and keep friends when you’re an adult?

My house SOLD. It was a long, annoying process. We did it to help pay some debt and start over. Right now we rent a duplex and plan on buying a house again in a couple years.

I still have big dreams of settling down in the perfect house, getting and keeping a really great job, adopting a child, taking a lot more family vacations, and just maintaining a more positive outlook on life and passing that onto my children. Sometimes I look back at who I was when I was 20 and I can’t believe the ways I’ve grown and how I’ve changed. Hudson is in school again and lately he has been coming home and saying to me, “Mommy, it’s okay to make mistakes. That’s what my teacher told me.” Yes, Hudson, thank you for reminding me. It’s okay to make mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment