Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Yesterday and Today

A few things can be noted about yesterday and today.

Yesterday was awesome for three reasons: (1) it was freaking beautiful; (2) I found out I have a certain benefit for working in my daughter's school district and don't have to pay for before and after school care for the rest of the year (woo-hoo!); (3) a friend who I haven't talked to in awhile messaged me.

Today is pretty awesome too. Again, it's freaking beautiful. The kids have swim lessons today and it's so fun to watch them. I feel a little bad that neither kid can swim or ride a bike. Do you know how I learned to swim? I jumped off a boat into the lake. I guess I just knew I could. And you know how I learned to ride a bike? I went to the very top of a down hill, concrete drive way and just rode. I never owned a helmet. I think my kids are sheltered, but that's how I like them. Also, today is good because I'm subbing for high school (not always a good thing) and everyone is on a field trip so I only have to monitor a few students and I'm getting a ton of studying done. I'm pretty embarrassed about how rusty I am in grammar. Don't judge me for my blog posts and Facebook statuses because I don't pay as much attention, but it's nice to refresh on the many ways to use and not to use a comma. I always thought I at least would always understand and remember nouns. A noun is just a person, place, or thing...right? WRONG. It can also be an abstraction or idea. Yup. Never heard that one in all my years of school. It really doesn't matter how much I refresh. I will always think in my mind there is probably something wrong with every sentence I type/write.

There are a couple things on my mind that could make the next few days not as awesome. First, I'm waiting to see how I scored on the writing section of my first test. I passed the multiple choice but it takes longer to grade the essay and if I failed I have to retake the entire thing! I'm also waiting to find out if I did or didn't get the teaching position with SJSD. Call me insecure, but I'm kind of thinking I didn't. There are only 2 positions, I'm not certified yet, and I probably awkwardly fumbled at least two answers in the interview. But you never know; maybe I rocked what I did know. I'm hoping I get a big fat YES on at least one of the issues above because it will help me survive the NO of the other. The only thing worse would be the return of winter. That would crush my soul.

Happy Taco Tuesday! I recommend eating a Taco to make your day awesome; preferably from Taco Bell.

And I'm outty.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear good news about BOTH of your concerns :) and Taco Tuesday - of course! Only thing better is Cerner Taco Salad Tuesday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tempting to work there again just for that reason!

    ReplyDelete