I'm still in limbo. Limbo sucks. Did I get the job? Who knows. Did I pass my test? Who knows. Maybe I'll never ever know. Maybe I'll live in limbo forever. That's what it feels like. So I've just been enjoying the moments.
Once again I've given another shot to being healthier. I have thyroid issues so it makes it very hard and very slow to lose weight. I'm a compulsive scale checker, too. If I spent an entire week working my butt off to lose and I don't lose then I eat my feelings. It's a terrible circle. But the smart voice inside me knows the number isn't so important. Whatever I do I have to ask myself, can I do this for the rest of my life? Can I make this change? If the answer is no then why waste my time? So little by little I've been eating cleaner, less carbs, less sugar. I've been doing just a little exercise at the Y. These are things I can do and teach my children to do. And I will still have my bread, pasta, and chocolate. I will just have it less often. I feel good. I feel like I'm trying. That's good enough.
So that's a little update. I'm in limbo, I'm trying to be healthier and I'm trying to enjoy the moments. Here are some moments from this year:
No comments:
Post a Comment