I probably won't post anything this often from now on but since it's day one I wanted to come back and say that I did it! I started off the day by eating a bowl of Special K, apple slices, and piece of cheese. I had lunch at Mr. Goodcents with Briana. I had smaller portions of speghetti with corn and a slice of garlic cheese bread for dinner. I got on the treadmill and did about a mile of fast walking with incline. I did a lot of stretching and 30 full sit ups. It's a start. Yay me! Here are a few of the guidelines I'm going to follow:
1. Lots of Water and no no no pop. I might still have some unsweetened iced tea and my favorite 100% no sugar added grape juice. I am a coke addict. This will be hard!
2. No fast food. Hello to Subway and goodbye to Burger King.
3. Smaller portions. Sometimes it's easy to over indulge. I think that we all can pretty much eat the things we love here and there if we just control our portions.
4. No fried foods. Oh my...this part will be hard. Very very hard.
5. More fruits and vegetables.
6. Positive attitude. This will never work if I don't develop reasons to enjoy it. The more I eat right foods the more I will develop a taste for them.
7. Light on the sugar...both fake and real. My advice to anyone reading this is that if you're going to have something sweet you might as well buy the real deal. Diet pop is bad for you, maybe worse than non diet. I have no problem in this area. I can ALWAYS tell the difference between something that has real sugar and something that is fake. Even snacks like Yoplait nonfat yogurt contain an artificial sweetener called Aspartame...which has been linked to cancer.
8. Exercise. I will do physical activity every other day for an hour and more on the weekends when I have the opportunity.
I think I had a couple more but this is all I can think of right now. Let me know if anyone has some simple tips when it comes to being healthier. I'm all ears. I want to set a goal for myself but I'm nervous that even if I stick with it I won't quite reach the "number" that I was hoping for. I think I will set one anyway and if I reach it, then great. If not...it still counts that I'm on my way and much closer to it. I'll weigh myself every week and blog at least that much.
Monday March 7th, 2011.
Current weight: 197
On September 7th 2011
I
hope to weigh: 157 lbs.
And if it's warm enough still I'm buying a swim suit and going to the pool.
I promise not all of my posts will be this boring . I mostly plan to write about how this process makes me feel. Thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment