Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wendy's BLT Salad...You Suck.

Yesterday, on my way home from work Charles called and insisted that I should pick something up for dinner. I moaned and groaned and told him that I'm not doing that anymore. "I really mean it this time! I'm going to try so hard and I'm not giving up this early!" Needless to say, Subway wasn't good enough for him so I went to Wendy's on the way home.

Wait! Don't give up on me yet! I smelled those Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers from blocks away. I could almost taste those sea salt fries. I wanted a coke so freaking bad. I have never gone through a fast food drive-through and been able to pass up the temptation. But guess what? I did it. I ordered myself a salad with avocado ranch and a grilled chicken wrap. It was the most terrible salad I've ever eaten in my life and the wrap sucked too. For that, I was pissed off the rest of the day. They were so gross I ate about half of each. To curb my craving I finished the night off with one of those Smart Choices deserts.


What is the good news here you say? Well, I learned something. My emotions are all tied up in what I eat. I acted like such a brat the entire night all because I wasn't satisfied with my dinner. I don't want food to control me or how I feel. Besides that, I did it. I didn't buy a burger and fries, I didn't order a coke, and I didn't have an 800 calorie dinner. I said no...and if I can say no once then I can do it again and again. That doesn't mean I have to keep eating crap that tastes like that salad did...I generally like salads. I just have to explore the world of healthy food a little more each day.


In Wendy's defense, they are making some attempt to better their food choices. The fries are covered with sea salt now, which is good for your colon, I hear. The meat is apparently never frozen, and they offer alternative sides and a decent selection of salads (Don't eat the BLT...ICK). I truly believe that we will one day see a world where eating anything but health food will be taboo...just the way smoking has become taboo. If it's not beneficial for your health...don't smoke it, don't drink it, and don't eat it. Obesity is not just a personal problem, it's a problem with our culture. We have to share the blame, and work together to come up with a solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment