My Idea:
This blogging thing has me really thinking about what to
blog about. I should probably blog about something I care about. I’m afraid to blog about this subject because it has FAILURE written all over it. I know because I’ve failed several times before
and I’m just not ready to fail again. I think now is a good opportunity though
because Charles…my hubby… is starting to care about it too and while I have him
on board I need to get this ship started. I need to be the leader. I think I’m
going to blog about weight loss and the journey that surrounds it. Ho hum…I know.
But there is a difference between now and then…when I’ve tried it before. Now I
care more about my health than my looks. Now I don’t really care what other
people think of the way I look I just care about how being overweight makes me
feel. Now Charles has gone to the doctor and he has some pretty borderline
blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes numbers to look out for. Now I have
to think about what I’m teaching my kids. Dr. Oz says that a person can reverse
their overall health completely if they just devote three months to healthy
exercising and eating.
Today is Monday and Monday is a perfect day to start my….journey.
I DO NOT and WILL NOT call it a diet. The word diet suggests that a person is depriving themselves. Healthy living is about training your brain to know that carrots…even with ranch… are a
better snack then triple fudge Hershey’s brownies. It’s about making the
decision to go to Subway instead of McDonalds. It’s about cooking a healthy
meal at home even when you would rather just order a pizza.
My Problem:
I swear on all that is good that I would already have
started this journey long enough ago that I would be a size nine by now if it
was not for the fact that I am a working mother and wife. Don’t believe me all
you want to but I have no time. Exercising and preparing well thought out meals
equals less time than I already have with my family. That may not be an issue
for some mothers but it is such a huge guilt factor for me. I have to figure out a way that is healthy
for all of us both physically and emotionally. I have to find a way that doesn’t
deprive me of any more sleep or take very much time away from my kids on week
nights. Charles and I can never work out together until the kids are old enough
to do it with us so we just have to be on separate time plans. We can all eat
healthy meals together at the table but exercising is a different story. The
best plan I have come up with so far is that Charles and I can alternate every
other night. Tonight I will use the treadmill and exercise in the basement for
one hour and tomorrow he can. We can do this Monday through Friday and then
squeeze in whatever we can on Saturday and Sunday…which hopefully is more since
we have more time.
My Beginning:
Today is day one. Today is the hardest day to get through. I
have to prove to myself that I have the motivation to go downstairs and get on
that treadmill and finish my hour. I have to remember that this isn’t just for
me, it’s for all of us. I know retirement is a stupid thing to look forward too
when you’re 23 years old but I do look forward to it and I would like Charles to
be there with me to enjoy it. His dad was 62 when he died of cancer and heart
problems. He had just retired. My name is Ashley and I weight 197 lbs. I wear a
size 16/17. I will get smaller. I will get healthier. I will be the best me
that I can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment