The treadmill isn't doing it for me anymore. I tried listening to music, I tried watching TV, but it's just a little boring doing the same thing over and over again every other night. And after losing only a pound I feel like the results will be coming in a little slow. After Monday's weigh in I really felt like giving up. I thought, why did I start this stupid blog? I know it's only the first week but I don't feel like I’m trying hard enough. I should be able to lose 2 lbs. a week. I was surfing our Time Warner On Demand Channels and saw that we have free exercise TV. So instead of doing the boring walk/jog every other night, I can do a Jillian Michaels workout. I did it Tuesday and Wednesday night because it only lasts about 25 minutes. I actually kind of enjoyed it. I did some strength, cardio, and abs. Just when I thought I might die she would switch up the work out to something different. Since it's only a twenty something minute workout there are no breaks but I was sweating more than I did when I was on the treadmill. On top of that my calves are killing me. I feel like a crippled old lady. That always makes it harder to work out the next day, because you're sore from your first workouts. I pushed through it and since they're so short I think I can fit it in every day. My plan is to try it all this week and see if there are better results by Monday.
It's a little hard to take those girls on the workout videos seriously. I'm like, look at her. Really. Why are you even bothering with this 25 minute routine that is barely making you sweat, you evil skinny witch. But that's pretty rude of me. Our weight partially has to do with our genetics and it's true that some people can just eat what they want and always be thin. I was not blessed with those genetics and I’ve learned that skinny does not equal healthy. The skinny witches in the video didn't get abs or triceps like that by eating Big Macs and doing 30 minute exercises every other day. They worked really hard to look the way they do.
But I don't want a six pack, I don't want muscle man arms, and I don't want killer quads. I just want to fit into a single digit size pair of jeans and lower my risk of heart disease and cancer. I want to be a way less ripped version of the skinny witches that are motivating me to do just one more jumping jack. But I’m just a little jealous, don't mind me.
No comments:
Post a Comment