The first week was not as easy as I had hoped. There was temptation, there was sugar, there was salt. Some of it I avoided...and some of it I didn't. All in all, today is my one week mark and I now weigh 196. That's hard for me to admit. I was really hoping for 2 lbs. I'm still proud of myself since I worked out all the days I wanted to and I thought about every single bite I put into my mouth.
I have realized that I don't want to give up cookies or pizza or other foods like that completely. And that I probably couldn't if I tried. But if I wanted a piece of pizza, I had one, not three...and that's a step in the right direction. When I felt like I failed...I reminded myself that this is a process and I won't turn into a skinny bitch overnight (No offense to skinny people :)). I still ate more fruit and more salad and less junk food. I decreased my portions and made conscience decisions about what went into my mouth. I knew the consequences of eating pieces of cantaloupe vs. a bag of M&Ms. The more aware I become about food, the better decisions I will begin to make.
I have also realized that not everyone is so supportive and it's hard to make decisions when everywhere you look is not so healthy food. It's difficult to order a salad when on the same menu is chicken crispers or a monte cristo. Oh man, is it hard. But it's possible. And it's also okay to have those foods once in a while once you've earned it and learned to control yourself.
So a pound is a pound and I can be grateful for that. It wouldn't hurt me to kick things up a gear..but If it takes me 40 weeks to lose 40 lbs then that's not so awful either.
For a minute, lets forget about all the tiny problems in my life and think about all those that lost their lives in Japan, and the many still living and left to wonder how to put their lives back together again. Entire villages were swept away. Help the Redcross to help Japan and text redcross to 90999.
Well, it's Monday. I better hit the treadmill.
No comments:
Post a Comment