Friday, August 19, 2011

My Hero

Currently, my friend Alisha, is my hero. I hope she doesn’t mind me putting her in the spotlight here…but she is awesome. I’m a bad friend because I can’t remember the exact number…but she has lost anywhere from 60-80 lbs. Can you imagine!? Every time I see her I just remind her that she is like this shrinking woman. She’s smaller every time we hang out. She really inspires me to just stay motivated. If I want it, I can have it…I just have to do it.

She’s told me that her secret is just smaller portions, healthier food, and exercise (Zumba to be precise). Sounds easy right? I don’t know how many times now I’ve seen her turn down foods like cake and buttered popcorn. And she’s always carrying around some kind of snack or drink with her like water and grapes.
So yesterday, with this new job possibility in mind and inspiration from Alisha, I got back on the treadmill and ran/walked a mile. Then I did a few other more specific exercises. Yeah, I’ve been slacking. But exercising felt good…really good. Today I’m eating lunch with an awesome friend (Aryn!) at Sweet Tomato…so I’m not worried about temptation because they have the most awesome salad bar ever!

I’m not going to think about the whole dieting thing too hard because I always sabotage myself.  I’m just going to take it day by day and think about all the wonderful feelings I will feel should I reach my goal and be a better me by next summer. Wish me motivation!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to Alisha! And you, my beautiful friend, will love this if you take it slow and focus on health not losig weight. It all falls into place. Oh and frozen grapes are a favorite snack of mine!

    ReplyDelete